Fun and festive Gluten-Free Vanilla Birthday Cake Donuts that are soft, fluffy, bursting with vanilla, and smothered in a sweet glaze. Enjoy them plain or top them with sprinkles for an extra colorful treat.
These Gluten-Free Vanilla Birthday Cake donuts are incredible any time and aren’t just for celebrating birthdays.
Gluten-Free Vanilla Donuts are super easy to make if you have a good recipe, so I hope you’ll try this recipe and see just how simple they are to make. When you do, please stop back by and let me know what you thought and what you topped your gluten-free donuts with.
The texture in these gluten-free vanilla donuts is perfect. These donuts melt perfectly in your mouth.
DO I HAVE TO USE A DONUT PAN?
If you don’t have a donut pan, I recommend you get one. But for now, you can use a muffin pan or a mini muffin pan. Just note that the cooking time is lower with a donut pan because the donut dough gets contact all around, including in the center with the donut pan.
These gluten-free vanilla cake donuts are insanely simple to make. They bake up in less than ten minutes and are tender, flavorful, and they hit your donut-loving taste buds in all the right places.
You can have fun with the glaze by adding in color, or you can use different types of sprinkles. One year for Halloween we made the glaze purple and topped the donuts with orange sprinkles. They were fun to hand out to friends on Halloween.
DO THESE GLUTEN-FREE VANILLA CAKE DONUTS FREEZE WELL?
Yes, these gluten-free vanilla cake donuts freeze well. We often double the batch and freeze the rest for our Friday donut days. That way I don’t have to make a fresh batch each week. Simple take them out the night before or defrost them in the microwave in the morning.
WHAT GLUTEN-FREE SPRINKLES DO YOU RECOMMEND?
Sweetapolita makes great gluten-free sprinkles. Let’s do Organic has a couple of varieties as well.
Most sprinkles don’t have wheat or gluten in them but they are usually processed in a facility that processes other glutinous ingredients. Make sure to check labels for allergen information.
10 MIN PREP TIME | 9 MIN COOK TIME | 19 MIN TOTAL TIME
Ingredients:For the donuts:
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour OR GF Jules Flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Camel Milk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla
- 1/2 cup oil of choice
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Camel Milk
- 1/2 – 1 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease two six-serving donut pans; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk the camel milk, eggs, vanilla, and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared donut pan filling about 1/2 full. The batter should not cover the center of the donut, where the hole will go.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until the donuts rise and set.
- Remove from oven and carefully remove the donut from the pan. You may need to use a spoon or a rubber spatula to loosen them if they stick.
- Cool donuts on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Place your wire rack over a cookie sheet or piece of parchment paper.
- For the glaze: In a separate small mixing bowl, combine the powdered sugar and camel milk. Heat covered in the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir until all sugar lumps are dissolved.
- One at a time, dip the tops of your donuts into the glaze.
- Place your donut back on the rack and repeat until all donuts have been dipped.
- Repeat 1-2 more times until your glaze is white.
- After the last dip in the glaze, dip the donuts into the sprinkles.
- Store donuts in an airtight container at room temperate for up to three days.
YIELDS 12 Donuts